Friday, September 10, 2010

Etsy Mud Team Tile Challenge

The Etsy Mud Team is having a Tile Challenge, and I've entered a hand-carved tile that I've titled "Homage to a spider that I squashed".

This hand-carved tile measures approximately 7 1/2" wide X 9 1/2" high, and about 3/4" thick. It was carved in a tan stoneware clay as homage to a spider that I squashed. In all fairness to myself, it clearly crossed the personal space boundaries posted in my studio policies. AND, it came upon me without notice, and JUMPING at that, so it wasn't pre-meditated squashing, but it was well deserved. I don't make it a habit of squashing spiders, and when they appear near or on me when I'm outside, I usually just brush them away. I admit this one gave me quit a start. Hey, even Miss Muffett, who I hear was known for her calm, collected manner, reacted in a poor fashion when surprised by an arachnid. The tile is glazed in a gloss black on the spider body, green shino on the "web" border, and glossy clear in the background and spider markings.

You can vote for my spider tile HERE and find out more about who the Etsy Mud Team is right HERE.

Vote for your favorite tile created by the talented artists of the Etsy Mud Team. After you vote, go to any of the shops listed on the main page and receive 20% off your purchase -- you'll need to type TILE20 into the notes to seller and they will refund your discount.


ENJOY!!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home