Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Blog - SHARPIE Spotting!!


As a proud member of the 2010 Sharpie Squad, I'm always on the lookout for people using Sharpies. It's amazing how many people depend on their Sharpies everyday!

Honestly I have seen Sharpies used in many different businesses and by many artists to create unique and wonderful art....but I didn't have to look very far to find a young artist who has put her Sharpies to good use! Ali is my pottery student who I've been working with all summer. Of course she needed a personalized apron to keep the clay off her clothes while working....so I sent her home with a fistful of Sharpies and a clean white apron and she came back with a work of art!



She asked me to collaborate with her on the design, so I added some details across the top and mixed in here and there.





Well, have you, punk, have you had you clay today?????

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had my clay, and my Sharpie too today! Enjoyed this post (just saw a Clint Eastwood movie and had to smile).

August 30, 2010 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger Linda Ellett said...

Hi Gwynnie - Thanks for your comment! Yeah, I don't know a clay artist who doesn't have a sharpie by their side for some reason or other! And the Clint Eastwood comment seems burned into my brain sometimes!!! Thanks!

August 31, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home