Monday, February 21, 2011

Frog #1....carved and really for casting!


I've posted before about this carving project and finally the first frog is done and ready to have a plaster cast made of it tomorrow. I usually have a feel for how the glaze will look on the tile just by looking at the wax, but this one has me a bit perplexed. I say it's done, but I'll leave the final judgment on it until I get a tile out of the glaze kiln.



I especially fussed over the background and the water. I want that to be really subtle, and I just can't tell how much detail will show through the glaze.



Next up is the left hand frog. Hopefully this one won't take me as long to carve...after all, there aren't any big holidays to distract me, only the usual life distractions!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home