Sunday, December 12, 2010

Packing and Shipping out Etsy orders - Happy Holidays!


This is the busiest time of the year for my Etsy shop, and I think that for most of you Etsy sellers out there, it's the same. I love the feeling of sending my work out into the great big wide world.....as sometimes I feel so isolated in my own little space.

I must admit that this year's sales don't compare to last year's, but I did just reach my 1,100 sale, so I'm very happy about that. Last weekend was the busiest so far this holiday season.


My very messy office with orders to ship laid out on the table and overflow onto a work cart.


Weekend sales.


I ship my ornaments in bubble envelopes, and my tiles and spoonrests in either USPS Priority flat rate boxes, or the very cool foam padded boxes I got from a local phone store on freecycle. Bowls get shipped in USPS Priority boxes, or a slightly larger box, also a freecycle score.



Ornaments are the biggest sellers, but I usually sell out of my small bowls, spoonrests, and other pottery items. Why not make more, you ask? My Etsy shop is my "spare time" business....when I'm not running L'esperance Tile Works, with my husband Don. So, as soon as I clone myself I'll be adding to the inventory!


Weighing the envelopes that I ship my ornaments in.


Printing out shipping labels from Endicia.


Abbey always watches over the action. I think she'd give me a thumb's up....if she had one!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home