Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thunderstorm!

I do love storms - blizzards in the winter and thunderstorms in the summer. When I was a kid, my brother Chuck, our best friend Tom, and I would wait for the storm clouds to gather. Then we would set up cardboard boxes, grab umbrellas, and sit out in our backyard with the storm on top of us, feet drenched and shoulders hunched for protection. My Mom would yell out the back window for us to get inside, but we never could hear her......until after the best of the storm had passed.

I admit that we were very lucky and that it could easily have been a case of natural selection in action. But we're still here and I do love to stand with the door open watching the storm approach. Yesterday's storm approached quickly and ran away just as fast.

Take a peek and enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger weird amiga said...

I love summer thunderstorms! Where I grew we have at least 1 serious hurricane every year —I love seeing the city turn frantic in preparation, and how everything looks renewed and crisp after the hurricane has passed...

July 22, 2011 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home