Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Work - Ornament Tiles!

I finally decided to experiment with an idea that I scribbled in my notebook at least 6 months ago - combining my decorative 4x4" tiles and my ornament tiles together by pressing the smaller mould into the larger tile. My very first pressings came out of the kiln a few weeks ago. I was able to sneak them into a production kiln, and I was so happy with the results that I've decided every kiln should have at least one experimental piece included!

Production kiln with 3x3" field in green and "Celtic Circles" in blue.


Two new "Ornament Tiles" on the bottom level of the tile crank.

"Celtic Circle" 4x4" decorative tile for a kitchen backsplash.


"Twain Coral with Frog Drummer"

I'll take photos of the process to show you how I make them in the next few days. You can find them for sale now, in my Etsy shop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home