Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I fondly remember my childhood St. Patrick's Day celebrations. They always included a cupcake from the local bakery that was embellished with a plastic shamrock or dancing leprechaun on top. I'm not sure how much Irish is actually in my genes. My Mom tells me that she remembers her great Aunt McDougall living with her family when she was very young, and the thick Irish accent she spoke with. People tell me I look Irish, and although I used to drink whiskey, I'm not fond of beer. Go figure.

Anyway, Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone out there - whether you've any Irish blood in you or not.

May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.


On to the musical section of the program...from my favorite Irish singer, and the song that won me over to him...."Moondance" by Van the Man.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Good song choice!

:)

March 20, 2011 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger Linda Ellett said...

Hi Laura! Thanks - Don and I saw Van Morrison live when we were in Cambridge way back in the 80's......it was great.

March 20, 2011 at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home