Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Victorian Tile Inspiration


To say that I find inspiration from Victorian era tile is a gross understatement. They are the canvases that have taught me the art I spend 10 to 12 hours a day involved with. And my favorite tile artist is Arthur Osborne, whose work I am happy to say, I've not only collected, but have had the joyful opportunity to reproduce for historic institutions around the country. Here's a secret that I'm finally willing to share - even though I've been reproducing tile for over 30 years, I've just recently decided that it's an art form that not many people are able to perfect. I'm not just a "copy-cat" - it takes real skill and sensitivity to recreate the look and feel of a tile carved by someone a century ago. I know it sounds like bragging, but it's not. I'm just learning how to say "thank you" when I get compliments for my carving skills.

So....Thank You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home